Sunday, December 25, 2011

Inspiration for Blog

Being a stay at home parent is a more-than-full-time job. Each day is comprised of diaper change after diaper change after meal time after nursing after boo boos and hugs.... etc. And after a long, tiring day it sounds so nice to put on pajamas and curl up in bed for a good night's sleep. But the children often have different plans for Mommy. The baby needs to nurse at 1 AM. The toddler wakes parched at 4:45 AM, asking for milk. At that point, Mommy doesn't fall back asleep and the day begins! This was my experience last night. So at 5 AM, lying in bed, I decided to start a new blog. I have always enjoyed writing, and I find it very therapeutic. Since becoming a Mom, I don't make time for it as I should. But now is the time that it is most important! Not only will the writing help keep me balanced (providing a little intellectual exercise beyond "Old MacDonald"), but I hope it will help me document so many of the meaningful and educational moments I experience on a daily basis as a parent. Due to the perpetual sleep deprivation, days have a tendency to run together. I turn around, and my children are another month older. What did they learn in that month? What did they teach me? Twenty years from now, will that month have made a difference in our lives?

I hope that through my efforts to sit down at the computer a few days a week and write about these moments, I will begin to internalize each day I spend with the beautiful neshamot I am blessed to spend each day of my life with.

*neshamot - souls

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to becoming an avid reader. I too love writing and find it therapeutic. Since I can't commit to blogging, I become the next-best thing - a great commenter!
    Are we supposed to share this blog with others or is that your department?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I hadn't thought about that - you can share it with others I guess, if there's someone in particular you think would be interested...

      Delete
  2. Sorry - Punims is me, Sara Gallor (an old name that just pops up on Google sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give you brachot for success, dear friend! How I wish there had been this option when my boys were small. I have a beautiful (but incomplete) baby book for the first... and for the others, there just never seemed to be time for that much pasting and photographing (and developing of pictures!) and writing by hand. But when I look back at that baby book, I am reintroduced to memories I didn't know I had. Your blog will be a wonderful set of memories, for you and your dear children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, darling! I can't get enough of your family and am delighted to be a reader along with you on your blogging adventure. Keep em coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete