Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Good morning sunshine :)


Last week, after I wrote my entry, I had a realization.  Beyond the fact that I'm getting sleep, I think the (relative) calmness of our life has contributed to my reawakened desire for creativity.  In the past year, I have not had one major transition.  No moving.  No wedding.  No baby.  Yea, Yoni had a little deployment, but in the scheme of transitions, I consider that minor... From June 2007 until April 2011, we had at least two major transitions a year...

While thank G-d, they were all wonderful things, they nevertheless drain a lot of energy.  In the temporary absence of these major transitions, my energy can be focused elsewhere - on parenting, being a good wife, and creating!

With that in mind, I have been thinking a lot about the beauty in our routine and our predictable lifestyle these days.  Over the weekend, Adina and I got a stomach bug and we weren't feeling too hot for a day or so.  Today, when we both woke up feeling healthy, I really appreciated feeling joy in spending the morning with the kiddos...

Good morning sunshine,
Good morning blue skies,
Good morning my sweet baby,
And your sweet blue eyes.

Come snuggle with me,
Rest your head on my shoulder.
I hope you'll still do this
When you're a little older...

A quick breakfast we eat,
Then we hear your sister's call;
We excitedly enter
Her room down the hall.

A big group hug,
We get dressed, we sing,
I thank Hashem each moment
For the joy you both bring.

Your giggles, your hugs,
Your smiles etched on my heart
Give each and every morning
A beautiful start.

My kiddos in the morning after breakfast, cuddling on Libby's bed



Now here are some pictures from the past couple weeks since we came home from Dallas after Pesach...




Ze'ev at Seward Park on Lake Washington



















Adina on the pebble beach on Lake Washington




















 
Ze'ev eating his birthday cupcake.  Mmmmm


All of Adina's friends eating their cupcakes for Ze'ev's birthday




All of the kids playing on our swingset together.  They all took turns pushing Ze'ev :)





















1 comment:

  1. This is the most adorable post... the poetry, the pictures:) You can just melt after reading it.
    ~sara

    ReplyDelete