Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chanukkah with cousins and life :)

Wow, it has been almost a month since I last made a blog entry!  Sometimes, this amount of time elapses between entries because I experience a bit of writer's block.  This month, however, that was not the case at all.  Actually I had a LOT of ideas to write about.  The problem was finding time to write.  Thank G-d, I have recently acquired a lot of new students and now have a pretty full tutoring schedule during nap time and post-bed time.  Given that I usually caught up on housework and wrote during those times, I now find myself with barely enough time to catch up on housework!  And then after two weeks, I found all of the ideas looming over my head to write to be a deja vous from middle school.  I used to only write in my journal every 6 months because I felt like I had to capture every aspect of my life in my journal.  If too many days went by without writing, the thought of capturing every aspect of all of the days passed was way too overwhelming, so I just didn't write at all.

When I found a half hour of time to write, I had two blog ideas!  Which one would I write first?  I'll just wait, I decided, until I have enough time to write everything I want.
Well the ideas piled up and the time never came, so I decided that I will slowly start catching up on some of the ideas I had wanted to write about.

Before that though, a little update on our Chanukkah.  We went down to Dallas a couple weeks ago to spend some time with Yoni's family.  We were there for the first three nights of Chanukkah and the kids absolutely loved the time with family and cousins.
Adina and cousin Yael playing piano together

Ze'ev and cousin Gavi as pilots :)

The three girls in matching outfits playing in a wading pool

A picture I took of Adina and Ze'ev today... Adina just got earrings for her 3rd birthday. :)

Now we are back to normal life for a few weeks.  Especially normal, because Yoni's actually going on a trip for the first time in two months... we've gotten quite spoiled with him home so much!  But I guess it is time for me to remember how to function on my own again, at least for a week.

2 comments:

  1. awesome pictures, Adina looks so grown up (and earrings are so cute on her!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I can relate to the "gotta write it all... oh, nevermind" feeling. Looks like you found a gap between all of the activities in your busy life. Nice to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete