Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Photos help remind me where the days go...


The past few weeks (months?) have been a bit of a whirlwind, but we are slowly settling into a bit of a routine.  As I mentioned before, Yoni returned from his deployment the first day of Sukkot.  The holiday lasts 8 days (days filled with synagogue, food, and moving back home from the Air Force Base).  The very next day, Yoni returned to work and found out that the following morning at 5 AM he had to leave for a trip.  Now this trip was only a week away, so compared to the deployment it feels like nothing, but it kind of took me by surprise because I didn't feel like we had a moment to take a step back and relax together at all since his return.  But no rest for the weary - on that Thursday morning, he was off!

During his time away, I had a lot of fun with my new camera I got for my birthday from my parents (Thanks! :) )  Here are some black and white head shots of the kids sitting at the table during lunch time:




And a color shot of Ze'ev enjoying his yogurt...


Looking at these pictures again now, I want to share how much these smiling little faces get me through day after day when Yoni is away.  I absolutely love spending my days with them.  Yes, it is a lot of work!  Yes, I get very tired!  But I can't imagine doing anything else with my life...  I can't imagine anything else bringing me more joy or giving me more fulfillment than raising these two beautiful souls...

The timing actually worked out quite perfectly for me, because just a couple days after Yoni left, my parents arrived for a short visit.  They were disappointed that they missed seeing him again, but at least I had company for the majority of his absence.  Here are some pictures during their time here:
And a black and white shot of story time with Poppy...
Here's another fun photo I took of Adina at the park...







And now, back to life as "normal."  

Just hanging out reading a book

Ze'ev's new shirt celebrating Aba's promotion to Captain during his deployment

A cute picture of Adina hugging her good friend during one of their many play dates



 I hope everyone enjoys the pictures, and as I start getting sleep and rhythm in my life again I hope to blog more regularly. :)



2 comments:

  1. adorable and fun to read/look at. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are GORGEOUS! May Hashem bless you with much Yiddishe nachas!

    ReplyDelete