Sunday, November 4, 2012

My new hobby...

A few friends have asked me recently why I haven't been writing as much the past month or so.  While I have had lots of creative juices flowing, I have actually been using a few other outlets.  First of all, I have been doing a lot more writing in my personal journal, which had kind of taken side line since I started blogging.  I have also started a new kind of art that I am just beginning to experiment with.  This first drawing I made for Yoni for his promotion to Captain.  I used pencil and water color marker to draw the C-17 and then wrote Tehillim 121 (Psalm 121) around it in Hebrew and English.  Pardon the glare from the flash of the camera...I probably should have turned the flash off, but this will do...





Then I made another fun project.  I just did this one last week and I already see a few parts that I want to fix up a bit, but here's a picture of the first draft.  I used pastels which I have never used as a medium for art before, so I am just learning.  The Hebrew is the blessings you say after eating food, so I drew foods all around.  If I do an updated drawing in the next few weeks, I will try to remember to post a picture.  I purposely put the pastels on a separate paper from the Hebrew I wrote so that I can redo one while keeping the other.  I hung this on the wall in our eating area as an encouragement to keep with my attempts this year at always remembering to say the blessing when I finish eating.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! The flash on the first picture almost looks like the reflection of the sun on an airplane... :)
    May you continue to go m'chayil al chayil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job painting my big, fat airplane! I love the cookies and fruit/wine, too! Mmmmm, two of my favorite things: flying and food.
    חזק וברוך!

    ReplyDelete