Thursday, June 14, 2012

How I appreciated the smallest ounce of Rachamim (G-d's mercy)...

Today has been one of those days.
Ze'ev woke up early (5:30 early...).  This was not happening for me, so I took him in bed with me and just as he settled back asleep, he got woken and that was it.  5:45 our day began.  I am not going to go into all of the details between then and now, because it's probably not so necessary, but I'll give the highlights - Libby rolled in poop, needing an emergency bath.  Our freezer (full of food) is malfunctioning and they can't come fix it until Monday.  Then, I got Ze'ev to sleep, was making progress in my to-do list for the day, and a handyman showed up an hour and a half late when I wasn't expecting him so Libby barked and woke Ze'ev up very prematurely and now he's cranky... and I am all the while trying to cook for Shabbat and clean the house.
Awesome!
Yoni got quite a few calls throughout this process which sounded kind of like this, "I know you're working, but I just need to complain for a minute so I can continue doing what I need to do."  He tried offering solutions, and I reiterated, "I don't think there's anything you can do.  I just needed to vent.  Thank you for listening, I love you. :)"
I was starting to wonder, "Why all at once?  What else will happen on this oh-so-interesting day?"

And then, as I stood up in the bathroom, both the baby video monitor and my cell phone fell out of my pocket.  I watched in slow motion as they fell toward the toilet bowl.  And with a centimeter to spare, they missed falling into the water and being destroyed.  They clattered on the floor and I felt the biggest wave of relief.  For any of you who think G-d doesn't watch out for us in the bathroom, I think you just might be wrong.  Because He knew my limits and knew I would not have been able to handle losing my phone and the baby monitor on this kind of day!  Thanks for the Rachamim. :)

Now I am hoping that I got all the frustrating, difficult moments out of the way, all in one morning, so that we can enjoy a nice, relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. wow - nice of you to find the time and patience to blog about it!! BTW you'd never have noticed the rachamim if all those first things didn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your perspective. Hashem for sure watches out for us in the bathroom - we just are supposed to wait to acknowledge it outside the bathroom (that's harder than it seems!) I know someone once said they did math problems in their head while in the bathroom to keep themselves from thinking about Torah! (a pretty holy person, mind you) ;)

    ReplyDelete