Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Days!

Our summer has officially begun!
Adina's round robin play group is over, and I get the kiddos to myself all day every day!
Thank G-d, we are really getting into a good routine with it all and it is going well.  The timing of things was really on my side, because just about three weeks ago Ze'ev decided to drop his second nap for good!  He now naps on the exact same schedule as Adina.  Not only does that mean I get a break of a couple hours right in the middle of my day, but it also means that we can actually leave the house for two extended periods of time!  It used to be that Ze'ev would nap 9:30-11, Adina 12-2:30, and then Ze'ev again from 3-4:30.  This made for a very housebound day (Yes, I am one of those Moms who is pretty adamant on routine and being in a quiet crib environment for nap time).

Now, with Ze'ev napping the same time as Adina we have the whole morning together and then again in the afternoon we have a few hours to do an activity before dinner time.  I am trying to create as much of a routine as is possible for our days while also allowing for fun activities and excursions.  Adina is taking summer gymnastics classes one day a week, we are attending a couple different library story times and becoming frequenters to some of the best parks.

I think in many ways it is very good for both me and the kids to have so much time together.  Adina especially receives a lot of security from spending a lot of time with Mommy.  The more time she spends with me, the more she feels comfortable venturing out.  It's the whole concept of a "secure base."

Anyway, wish me luck as I juggle two toddlers this summer, and if all goes well I am looking forward to keeping both of them home with me all next year as well! :)

2 comments: